Paper 2 (Comprehension) Tips
- Keep too the time schedule of 1 hr 10 min to complete the comprehension and vocabulary questions and 30 min to write the summary
- Read both passages carefully before attempting to answer any of the questions.
- Jot down the main themes of each paragraph in the margins so you do not lose track of the points.
- Understand what the question is asking you. Inferential questions are tricky and require further analysis.
- Do not ‘lift’ points from the passage, paraphrase so that you answer the
- When a question says "use your own words", do exactly that without changing its meaning as found in the passage.
- Answer all questions in complete sentences.
- For vocab questions, analyse the context that vocabulary is used in a sentence and determine its meaning.
Please help to click on the ads!